Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Love is a Beautiful Thing

This week in class we have been talking a lot about what attracts you to someone and different types of love. A list we came up with of things that attracts us to someone was physical attraction, similarities, hobbies/shared activities, backgrounds, values, and religion. When I was dating I was looking for all of these qualities in a potential husband. I wanted someone who had the same beliefs and values as me and who I was attracted to and someone who had some of the same interests as me. I think that if I look back at when I was younger I didn't get my "dream man" I got someone better. Often times I have found that the movie star looking guys can end up being jerks. When I found my husband I knew it was right because we just clicked. We loved hanging out together and going on dates. He always planned fun things that we were both interested in. I am so happy I married someone who has the same values as me because it will make raising children a lot easier if we already agree on a lot of things. Another thing I noticed about my husband while we were dating was his love for children! He was so kind and fun with them and it made me realize that he would be an amazing father. It made me so much more excited to be getting married to him and have the opportunity to raise a family together. I am also extremely happy that we are the same religion. I can't imagine how hard and stressful it would be without the priesthood in my home. I love knowing that if I ever need a blessing or anything, my husband is always there for me. Also it will make raising children a lot easier as well. In class we talked about the difficulties of raising children when the parents are different religions. It would be hard to explain to the children why they need to go to church but their daddy doesn't. I am so grateful that I was blessed with the best husband ever. I am attracted to him in every way!!
This is a picture of my husband playing with my nephew and niece. He was so cute and I could see all of the attributes I wanted in a husband from him playing "store" with them at the park. Seriously the cutest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment